Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The second chance

She told herself that she will never fall in love again coz this time she knew that the damage done inside is so deep that the scar will remain for ever. Today she is standing by the river smiling at the thought and allowing them to wander once again to somewhere in the past where she knew it was over.

' You never call me up nor reply to my mails. Whats with you? I moved out of the city not just for job but because i thought distance will make the hearts founder. But you are still the same. Dont you ever miss me, dont you ever feel that you have to talk to me' said Sandhya. The thoughts echoed on her mind as she held on to her mobile, effortlessly walking around the 15th floor of her office building terrace not realising the cold wind blowing and piercing through her skin like blade. 'Oh come on sandy i was busy you know that. Its not like i dont want to talk to you, i miss you too. But work load is crazy baby. You know how my dad has made me take total responsibility of the business' said Rahul. She could hear his cold emotionless voice reveberating inside her. She knew that he is lying. They knew each other since school days, but started going out just a year back when suddenly Sandhya gets an offer to work for a BPO in Hyderabad. Its been 6 months now since she has been working here and not once has she received a phone call or an email from Rahul. 'Anyways iam coming home next weekend and i hope you can take some time out to meet me' saying so she hangs up the phone.

The following weekend she calls Rahul up 'Hey iam in town how about we meet up for dinner'. 'Iam right now at work will call you once iam free' says Rahul and hangs up. After 3 hours she calls him up 'Hey Sandy whats up baby' 'Rahul we were supposed to meet up for dinner' 'Oh iam so sorry, i had to take my mom out for shopping, lets do this tomorrow sweety. Iam really sorry'.Sandhya could not believe what she just heard. At that minute she decided that she has to end it before it destroys her life. The next day they met at sandhya's house. 'Rahul i cant go on like this anymore. I think we should break up.' Rahul was completely taken aback. He was not expecting this. 'Come on sandy give me another chance baby. I will make it up to you'. 'How many more chances do you need Rahul, i cant go on like this. This is just tearing me apart, i cant concentrate on my work, i cant enjoy my stay at home, Iam no more the way i used to be. Its killing me so much Rahul. Cant you see it?'. For which he says 'I am sorry that iam not able to keep up to your expectations. I cant push myself to do something my heart refuses to do. I am sorry that i have to bring this up now Sandy, but i think i am still in love with Anju.' Saying so he walks out of her house. She stood there dumbfounded unable to digest what she just heard. She was shattered. She did all that she can to live a life according to his liking. She lied to her parents to spend time with him. Everynight she used to go to bed thinking of the lovely morning that has a lot in store for her and her love. He was her inspiration in everything until now. It seemed to her that the clock has stopped ticking. Thats when she thought that she will never fall in love again because this time she knew that the damage done inside is so deep that the scar will remain for ever. The ring of her mobile jolts her back to reality. The name that flashes on the mobile brings a big smile to her face 'Abhishek, where are you?' 'hey wifey i hope you remember that we have a holiday coming up starting tomorrow and i know that you havent started packing. Iam sure you must be doing your last minute shopping. Anyways dont make any dinner we'll go out . Meet you soon. Love you'. You have to meet the wrong one first before you meet your right one and she has found her Mr.Right and has fallen in love all over again.

1 comment:

brain eater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.