Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The city that left me asking for more

Its been almost 4 months since i left London and moved to Bengaluru and life is'nt the same. Like they say the grass is greener on the otherside, its so very true for me. When i left india to go to London, i missed India so much that the initial days i used to call my mom and cry to her. When i was leaving London to come to India i was excited to come back but once i reached here i miss London so much - I miss the hustle bustle of the city, the smell of rain, the sunset behind my house, the sound of steamer that passed by the river on the backyard, the rhythemic waves, the announcement of the next station approaching on the London underground, the brutally cold winters and the hot sultry summers, the 'you all right' gesture by the shopkeeper, the long lovely jogs around the beautiful green parks, the buckingham palace, the london bridge,oxford street, the little happiness of being in India that we experience when we go to East Ham. I miss everything about the city. On my last day at the city, after i was done with my packing and stuff i went to the Canary Wharf mall and sat with a hot cup of coffee and caramel cookies from my favourite Star Bucks and decided to sit and watch the people pass by. I saw people zipping up and down the mall, some quickly grabbing the sandwiches to get back to work, some lazzing around the shops hunting for some good deals and thought to myself that a few days back i was one among them. I never found time to sit back and watch as the city moves, when i saw everything around me for one last time i knew that i am going to leave a part of me in this city and that i will come back someday to retrieve it back.

No comments: