Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

When you know what you want to do..

Today was my first day of Instructional Design class. One year back i didnt even know that such a career option existed. Right from my college days i kept doing things thinking that this is what is meant to be. My dad made decisions for me, even career decisions and i just followed it telling myself that dad wants the best for me. Bank job, according to the folks from my caste, is a very secured job and is rated as the best job that would fetch a matrimonial match quick. I never realised it and stepped into it with absolutely no interest. I managed to work for almost 3 years and like my folks said it did fetch me a great match, an IT consultant with a 5 figure salary who does extentive travelling around the world. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever about my married life but my career life was'nt going through a good phase. I had to quit work to relocate to London, i was glad that i could put all the banking work behind but then i was'nt sure what i wanted to do. I was never convinced that i should be good at something. Evcry one of us is blessed with a talent which many of us realise in the early stages of our life and some of them take an entire lifetime and still continue to do something that they detest, for a living and some of them like me who realise late but not too late. I started blogging when i was in London and totally loved it. I wrote about anything and everything call it good or crap i loved every bit of it. My language level may not be as high as the other bloggers but i was still able to invite responses from many. Thats when i thought when i love doing it why dont i make it my career. So when we came back to India i applied for Content Writing jobs. To my dismay i never got responses and when i called to ask the reason, the consultants said i dont have any qualification nor expereince in that line. Thats when i came across Instructional Design. To get a better picture about it please read here. I did a bit of R&D and came to know that there is an institute called Technopoint which is 16 Kms from home but when your determined and know what you want to do in life these things are very trivial is'nt it. With my husbands full support i went and enrolled myself for the course and loved my first session. I have no regrets nor a slight bit of doubt that i made a wrong career decision. When you know what you want to do in life every path becomes clear and the future looks clear and welcoming.

No comments: