Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Time Traveller's confession

The moment was very short, a quick stroll along the river Thames, a whip of cold breeze on my face, the sounds of children playing in the park, quick breathing of the daily joggers. Yes the moment was very short when i time traveled exactly to a year back to the city where I left a part of me, London. I got on the double decker bus D7 and got off at Canary Wharf. I saw people taking quick strides with laptops in their hands, Ipods plugged to their ears. Its just another day of work for them, for me its yet another day to explore the city I loved the most. I got onto the tube, a heard a woman's voice reverberate 'This train is for Stanmore and this stop is Canary Wharf.' I quickly slipped out the tube map from my coat pocket and mentally told myself to change the line at green park, I wanted to go and look at a bunch of happy people at Oxford street. I sat as soon as i found a place to sit. Then I did that which i loved to do the most, observe what other people are doing. There was a chinese woman opposite to where I was sitting, she was reading "Harry Potter and the deathly hallows.' I've read that one and its one awesome book, thinking so i smiled at her when she looked up as if she heard what my mind just said. Next to her was a couple deeply in love in I suppose, engrossed in intimate conversation. Next to them was a young girl with loads of shopping bags, maybe she wants to get them exchanged I thought to myself. Standing were some people wearing formal clothes, reading newspapers or discussing work with their colleagues. There were some lost in thoughts mulling their work for the day I thought. Just when I was totally enthralled looking at people, I heard a familiar voice 'This is a Jubilee line train to Stanmore and the next stop is Green Park.' I pulled myself up wishing that my stay in this train had lasted a bit more longer. As i showed myself out of the train I took the escalator and went to another platform where I had to take another train to get to Oxford street. The train i got into was unbelievably crowded. So i didnt have much of a chance to look at what other people are doing. The moment Oxford street approached there was a sea of people getting off and getting in to the train. As I got off, I stepped out of the tube station I headed straight to my favourite waffle shop. Got myself a hot waffle with chocolate sauce. As I savored every bite I gave my eyes a treat of watching the windows of shops and looking at happy smiling shoppers hopping in and out of the stores. I saw big read signs reading SALE everywhere. I told myself that now that I am here why not treat myself to a little shopping. I stepped into M&S to see what they have on sale. As I was trying on the beautiful red woolen cap, the phone ring jolts me and brings me back to Bangalore. Seeing my mum's number flash on the phone I pick it happily and say 'Hey Mom' she says 'Hey what you been doing' and I say 'I was flipping through the pics taken in London' Wink Wink!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI Sreelatha, SO GLAD I HAPPENED TO CHANCE UPON UR BLOG.MUST SAY IT MAKES FOR VERY VERY INTERESTING READING.CARRY ON CREATING SMILES ACROSS THE MILES.WILL SURELY KEEP READING U. BTW WHERE R U NOW? UR LAST POST WAS NOT VERY RECENT ,HOPE U HAVE NOT STOPPED BLOGGING.

BUT TODAY I WRITE TO U FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE ,CAN U SHARE WITH ME UR EXPERIENCES AND OPINION ABOUT TECHNOPOINT -BANGALORE ,WHERE U SEEM TO HAVE DONE A COURSE IN INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN REF:UR BLOG DATED SUNDAY NOV 2 2008 .I WANT TO HAVE A FIRST HAND TESTIMONIAL ABOUT THEIR GENUINENESS AS I SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD TO INVEST MONEY IF ITS NOT WORTH IT.ITS FOR MY SON ,WE LIVE IN BANGALORE .
U COME ACROSS AS A NICE PERSON ,HOPING U WILL HELP BY REPLYING SOON.

AM NOT VERY TECH SAVVY WITH BLOGS ETC SO WOULD APPRECIATE IF U GOT BACK TO MY EMAIL ID rgauthmi@gmail.com

TAKE CARE. GOD BLESS.
GAUTHMI