Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A creation called Life and a Creator called God

With heavy heart I brought my Christmas tree down yesterday. That tree lit up my whole house. Everyday morning as soon as I woke up and walked into the living room the tree would greet me and assure me that the day is going to be as colorful and bright as itself. When I finally packed my tree and ornaments and put it in the storage, I saw that there was a void inside me just like the one in the living room where the tree once stood. I've had this feeling before. Everytime I pack Navratri Golu comes to an end and as soon as I pack the golu bommais and put it up in the loft, I feel the exact same way. End of festivities always brings this kind of feeling in all of us. Be it Navratri, Diwali or Christmas. The whole city that was decked all this while suddenly looks drab and boring. Its like someone just caught all of the festive spirit and just bottled it up and threw it into an ocean or something. Every year we look forward to these festivities and holidays. It doesn't matter if its a Hindu, Muslim or a Christian festival. Its all the same. Its basically celebrating the almighty and his creation. Thanking him for all the beautiful things he has given us. The very life itself is a beautiful creation of his is'nt it? To be born a human being, to be able to smile, cry, love, hate, sing, dance, talk, learn, all of it is his creation. The contrasts in life is so amazing. The day makes us appreciate the night, the hot summers makes us appreciate the cold winters, the sad days makes us appreciate and be thankful for the happy days to come. The most beautiful of them all is the child birth. It just amazes me to think of this creation of God. As a woman I am so proud and humbled that God chose me to create another life inside me and love him/her with all my heart and soul. Though our life is never the same after a child, we love the madness. We realize all the pain our parents have gone through to bring us up and we suddenly start appreciating little things they have done, sacrificed to make us the person we are today. God has made our life a vicious circle so that we appreciate the little and the big things in life.
So when we look at it the ultimate creator is just one. We just give him different names and pray to him in different ways. I go to a church for my fitness classes and at the end of the class the instructor reads a passage from the Bible. These passages as I recall are exactly the same as the Hindu religion's holy scripture The Bhagawat Gita. If Gods are different then why is it that the message they are trying to convey is the same? I am pretty sure the Holy Quran also conveys the same. Then why this differences in the world? Why are people killed in the name of religious differences?Why can't two people from different religion marry each other and still follow what they wish to? Why don't people realise that there is only one Creator, the one who has created this beautiful creation called Life.

4 comments:

Uma said...

Beautiful post! Very good questions. Answers to which will change all our lives and make this world a better place. Keep writing… it was a pleasure to read.

guptae said...

Well said Sree.... Its not the common people who fight on the name of the religion ..it is actually laid by some politician... who want to make profit out of it....

Unknown said...

Beautifully written sree. Food for thought for all of us..looking forward to some more of your writing :-)

aashish shah said...

Sree the answer is in your question. It is because people do not believe in god they only believe in religion. Religion was not set up by god, pick up any holy book from across the world and you will find that it was written by some human who claims that he interacted with god directly and god chose no one but only him to convey the message.

People created religion to preach a way of life cos the barbaric life that people lived could only be controlled by installing the fear of an unknown. Soon people started using this very religion which was created to bring civil values to the society to their own advantages and the hell broke lose